Thursday 28 May 2015

Thursbae 28/05/2015

Hey friends!
 
So, as you will have guessed by the title, I'm back with another Thursbae post! This week's ultimate bae is someone I've had the worlds biggest crush on since I was 12 years old, Nathan Sykes. I ain't even sorry about it.
 
 
So, here's a little need to know about the British lad himself.
 
Birthdate: April 18th, 1993
Nationality: British
Occupation: Singer/Songwriter
Known for: 1/5 of The Wanted
 
Without further adieu, here's why Nathan is this weeks Thursbae.
 
1. He's recently come out with some new tunezzz.
 
 
And they're pretty damn good! He's mastered the perfect combination of jazzy beats with cheeky lyrics and it's bloody cool. There's nothing about his two recent solo tracks that doesn't make anyone want to dance their butts off. Seriously, check them out for yourself here, and here if you haven't already!
 
2. His eyebrows are slaying the game.
 
 
Literally look at that arch. Wow. Everyone with a brain knows that eyebrows shape the face, and if you didn't know that, now you do. I don't just search the net, but when I do, eyebrows. I want to speak to his eyebrow technician because they're quite great, in my opinion.
 
3. He had the greatest come back of all time.
 
 
Back in early 2013, Nathan had surgery to remove a haemorrhage on his vocal chord which prevented him from singing for about 2 months. On the 9th of June, 2013, he returned to the stage at the Captial FM Summertime Ball in an episode that could only be described as something resembling the first coming of Christ. I cried, not even going to lie. You can check it out here.

4. He collabed with Jessie J at the 2014 Summertime Ball.


Source: http://assets.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2014/24/nathan-sykes-summertime-ball-2014-1403371875-custom-0.jpg

He performed the track 'Calling All Hearts' originally performed by Jessie J and Robin Thicke at the Summertime Ball the year following his comeback and he was all kinds of hip thrusting, feet shuffling good. This is where we got a first taste of Nathan as a solo artist and you can check out the performance here.

 
5. He's a little sassy sasquatch on Twitter.

Source: rebloggy.com
 
No matter what fandom you belong to, if any, I think everyone remembers that twitter fight that took place between some members of The Wanted and One Direction, fun times. Nathan's response to the feud gave me life. Stalk his twitter and I guarantee you'll find some cheeky, sarcastic comments and responses. What a legend.
 
So, there we have it! Those are my reasons why Nathan is this weeks bae! If you would like to keep tabs on this dude and his solo career, you can follow him on twitter and instagram at @nathansykes and if you live in the UK you can pre-order his new single and EP, Kiss Me Quick, right here.
 
This is me, signin' off.
Actually by Ashlee xxx
 
*IMPORTANT NOTICE*
This is likely to be my last post for the next 2 weeks as I have exams! It's a v stressful time and I don't want to be putting too much pressure on myself to find time to blog as well as study my butt off to get good marks. I will be back with a bang on the 11th of June with another Thursbae post. Much love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment