Tuesday 19 May 2015

Billboard Fashion Review!

Hello to you my chums!

Today I bring to you my Billboard Awards Red Carpet fashion review where I tell you who I think killed it and who should've maybe fired their stylist this year. For those of you who don't know what the Billboard Awards are, 1. get out from under that rock and 2. it's pretty much just a music award show presented by Billboard. 

So, without further adieu, heres my verdict on who was hot and who was not at this year's Billboard Awards. 

Let's start with T-Swizz. 

Source: http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2225874!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/taylor-swift.jpg

I love this. I love it a lot. I'm getting a bit of a 70's, ABBA vibe from Taylor's pantsuit but in a cool, toned down kind of way. I like the way she's kept it simple with the jewellery and let the outfit be the statement. I'm a sucker for a statement, smokey eye paired with a nude lip so I love this makeup combined with the tousled hair. 10/10 for you TayTay. 

Next up is Kylie Jenner! 

Source: http://au.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015417/rs_634x1024-150517163144-634.Kylie-Jenner-Billboard-Music-Awards.jl.051715.jpg

I love Kylie, I think she's one of the hottest chickadees in the entertainment industry at the moment. However, I am not a fan of this outfit, I think she looks like a leather carseat. I can see what she was trying to achieve with this dress but I don't feel like leather was the best option. It just looks too stiff and doesn't compliment her chest area. I mean, if you got 'em, flaunt 'em. I do love her shoes and her smokey makeup with her classic big lips though. 

Since we're talking about Kylie, up next is Kendall Jenner. 

Source:http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/kendall-jenner-2015-billboard-music-awards-gi-2.jpg

I initially did not like this because I thought she was wearing pants and I didn't really get it. But after some close examination I realised she's wearing tights and thigh-high boots and all is good in the world again. I love the pulled back hair, I think it really compliments the rest of the outfit given that the jacket is so intricately detailed. I feel this outfit could have been improved if she ditched the tights but overall, I'm a fan of this. 

Here we have One Direction!

Source: http://headlineplanet.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Latest-BBMA-One-Direction-21-e1431913817722-1500x821.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of digging them as a four-piece. Let's take it from left to right, shall we?
I don't like Liam's get up, I firstly am not a fan of the whole t-shirt-under-a-suit-jacket trend that he's tried to pull off here. The scarf makes him look like he thinks he's Hugh Hefner and his pants are too baggy. Sorry Liam, you tried. 
Louis has also tried to pull off wearing a t-shirt with a suit jacket but it's not working for him, I'm sorry. He does look better than Liam though because his pants actually fit him. I'm a fan of his hair so props for that Louis. 
Niall, Niall, Niall. Take off those damn sunglasses they're not necessary. Other than that, I rate it. It's simple yet stylish. Well done. 
Harry freakin' Styles. This boy can do no wrong. I don't know about you but I can't think of any other guy who could wear a silk shirt and actually look smoking hot while doing it. I love that his hair looks so effortlessly perfect and that he's added some jewellery to spice the outfit up further. Love your work Haz. 

Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo 

Source: http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ap625918423(1)__iphone_640.jpg

So. Much. Burgundy. Nick's suit itself is fine, it does look like its in need of a bit of ironing but other than that, it's fine. It definitely could have benefited from either a black or a white shirt just to break up the whole burgundy thing though. 
Olivia, on the other hand, looks hot. Her playsuit is stunning and really compliments her body shape. Hair on point. Makeup on point. Life on point. She's 100% killing it. 

It's Iggy Iggz!

Source: http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/36/41/22/8000645/3/960x540.jpg

I honestly can't get over how hot Iggy Azalea looks. This outfit shows off her slim waist and big ass booty perfectly. I love her shoes and how they colour block with her two piece outfit and also kind of match her new pink ombre hair. Nice touch. Iggy's got my vote. 

John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. 

Source: http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/picture_this/public/2015/05/17/chrissy-john-legend.JPG?itok=eT_2bpwu

John Legend is looking suave af in his suit. I think the navy suit with a white shirt is a really classic look and the lilac pocket square is just the finishing touch. Looking good Mr. Legend. Chrissy, however, looks like what would happen if ABBA had a baby with a Grid Girl. I don't like it at all, I mean yeah it shows off all of her features (aka boobies), but I just think the pattern is what ruins it. Good try gf. 

Charli XCX! 

Source: http://static.idolator.com/uploads/2015/05/Charli-XCX-Billboard-Music-Awards-2015-black-dress-Fancy-red-carpet-830x1280.jpg

Charli looks so effortlessly elegant in this simple black dress and I love it. Her messy, beachy waves provides a contrast between the structured dress and her smokey eye makeup with the bold red lip really completes the whole look. I love how she's kept her jewellery simple and let the dress speak for itself. I'm definitely a fan of women who keep it simple and still rock it. 

So there we have it! Those are my favourite hits and misses at this years Billboard Awards! Let me know in the comments who you think was the best and worst dressed as I would love to know your opinions. 

This is me, signin' off. 

Actually By Ashlee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment