Sunday 10 May 2015

My Current Beauty Favourites!


Hello to you my chums!
Today I bring to you my current beauty favourites! Makeup is something that I've been interested since I was about 11 years old but only really started testing out new products and trying out new looks in the last year and a half. So here is a collation of my current beauty favourites. Enjoy!

So my first favourite beauty product at the moment is the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.

I bought this concealer not long ago to use to highlight my under eye area as well as conceal any dark circles that I might have. Unfortunately the colour that I was matched to is much too dark to highlight when I'm not fake tanning but is the perfect colour to spot conceal or highlight when I do have fake tan on. I love this product because it's so full coverage and it truly does conceal my dark under eye circles that I was so fortunately blessed with. Note sarcasm. It covers up blemishes like a dream, however I do find that it can slide off the areas of my face that are more oily, like my chin but it can be easily avoided by applying a good powder. If you live in Australia, like me, you can find this concealer in Mecca Cosmetica and Mecca Maxima stores and it retails for $36.

My next favourite is by MAC and it's their Velvet Teddy lipstick.
I had been trying to get my hands on this lipstick for the longest time, ever since I heard Brittney Lee Sauder's rave about it on YouTube. It's such a popular product and it seemed like almost everywhere I went it was all sold out, until I finally found a store that actually had it. This lip shade is the perfect Kylie Jenner nude. It gives you that kind of 90s vibe as it is a browney-beige nude with slightly peach undertones. I think it's perfect for pale to medium skin tones but could also work for darker skin tones as well. The formulation is matte but it's super creamy and not at all drying as well as being super opaque and pigmented. It's my perfect lip shade! This lipstick retails for $36 in Australia.

This next favourite goes perfectly with Velvet Teddy! It's the MAC Lip Pencil in the shade Boldy Bare.
I have been wearing this lip liner constantly as of recent, so much so that I've gone through two since March. This lipliner is a stunning nude shade that can be worn pretty much under any lip shade darker than itself or underneath lighter nudes to deepen the colour and add some dimension. This liner paired with Demeter by Napoleon or Velvet Teddy is my perfect lip combo and it can look amazing on all skin types. Because it is a lip pencil it can be quite drying so I tend to steer away from wearing it on it's own. I like to pair it with a clear gloss just to add some hydration to the lips to prevent them from looking all cracked and chapped.

My next favourite is for the eyes and it is the NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in the shade Opal Coast.
null
This eyeshadow is a limited edition shade as a part of the 2014 Holiday Colour Collection and has been discontinued. However, you can still purchase what stock is left of this product off their website and from some Mecca stores as that's where I got mine from about a month ago. I bought this eyeshadow for my school formal as I wanted to wear a silver and black smokey eye to match my dress. I was in my local Mecca Maxima store swatching a bunch of silver eyeshadows and I was so impressed with the colour payoff that this shadow has. It's super shimmery and gorgeous, perfect for a dramatic look for a night out or lightly swiped across the lid, blended with a cool toned brown for a simple day look with a bit of sparkle. It is a pure satin white eyeshadow with silver reflects which is what gives it that silvery effect. If diamonds were crushed into an eyeshadow, it would be this one. It's heavenly. Because it's so shimmery it does have a lot of fall out, so I would recommend using something like a shadow shield to prevent getting glitter under your eyes or simply apply your eye makeup before doing your face, which is always good to do with any eye look. You can also take the pigmentation a step further by using a few sprays of something like a MAC Fix+ spray or the Smashbox Primer Water. This eyeshadow retails at $25 USD on the NARS website.

This next favourite is the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation.

I love this foundation because when it says it full coverage, it means it's full coverage. All you need is about a pump and your whole face looks flawless! It does have a matte formula so it's more suited for people will more oily to combination skin types or that don't like a dewy finish. I, personally love the matte finish as my skin can get quite oily in my T-zone and chin area throughout the day. It's a really long wearing foundation, even for people with super oily skin. It's so long wearing to the point where I have been out at a party and gone to bed not being bothered taking my makeup off and I've woken up the next day still sporting a full face of makeup. The collection also has a great colour range of colours and undertones. I'm in the shade light 45 which is great for those of you with light skin and a yellow undertone. I picked this product up in Sephora in Sydney in March, I am unsure of the Australian price as they don't have an Australian site, but it retails for $35 USD at the American Sephora.


My next favourite is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black.
This liner is a m a z i n g. It's given the name 'Stay All Day' for a reason. I have worn this eyeliner to bed so many times after a night out and woken up with perfect winged liner in the morning on multiple occasions. The colour is also a really insanely pigmented black that has a satin finish. I normally like my eyeliner to be as matte as can be, but I love this liner so much, it's my favourite liner I've tried so far. It's a felt-tip end that's really fine which allows for a super precise application so it's great for winged liner looks or creating thin lines. It retails at Mecca stores for $26. 

My next favourite is probably my favourite current favourite and it is the MAC Studio Fix Powder. 



I normally tend to drift away from high end powders because I find that all powders do the same job. After hearing so many positive reviews about this powder I thought I would bite the bullet and purchase it since I was running low on my regular Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. After using this powder I noticed a difference in the way my makeup looked straight away. It gives it a really nice, velvety finish and helps to make your makeup stay on a lot longer. Since this is a powder foundation it offers quite a lot of coverage, but without looking cakey. I normally apply this product as a finishing powder over a foundation when I'm going out or just on its own with a bit of concealer for school and everyday wear. It's definitely a very pricey product at $49 but I believe it's worth it. 

My next favourite is the Christian Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Over Black. 

My mum gave me this mascara as a sample that she got for free and the moment I used it I put away my Benefit They're Real Mascara and switched to this one. It gives the perfect amount of drama and is perfect for someone who loves long, thick lashes. It's got a great formula that doesn't smudge under your eyes every time you sweat or if it starts to rain. My only downfall is that the wand is quite big so often times it will touch my eyelids but its easy enough to fix with a cotton tip and a bit of eye makeup remover. It's also quite expensive as it is a Christian Dior product but the quality is so worth the $52. 

My second last current favourite is the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette. 

I picked this palette up from Sephora in Sydney and instantly fell in love with it. I love this because all of the shades are matte and can be used both wet and dry. What also sets this palette apart from the rest is that there is a 'Transforming Pearl' shade which transforms any matte shade in the palette into a shimmery shade. This is perfect for taking day looks to statement night looks. The range of shadows is great with mostly warm shades with a few cool tones as well and all of the shadows are super easy to blend. The pigmentation isn't the best but they're super build-able which is great for people starting out with makeup. Another bonus is that the shadows don't contain talc and are anti-aging as they only contain ingredients that are good for your eyelids. Again, I am unsure of the price in Australia but it retails for $42 USD on the American Sephora website. 

My last, but certainly not the least favourite current favourite is the Cover FX Contour Kit. 
All of the shades in the palette are super creamy and easy to blend which made learning to cream contour an absolute dream. The contour colours aren't too orange or ashy and the two highlight shades are perfect for highlighting the under eye area and the tops of the cheekbones with one shade with shimmers and one without. The palette also comes with a diagram to show you where each shade goes which is great for beginners. I love cream contouring with this palette and popping a light coverage foundation over the top when going on a night out to make my cheekbone game super strong. I then follow it up with powder, bronzer, powder contour, blush and highlight to bring the look to the next level. The collection of contour palettes also has a great colour range suiting different skin colours and undertones so there will definitely be one suited to you. This palette retails for $48 USD on the CoverFX website. 

So there we have it, those were my 10 current beauty favourites! Let me know in the comments what your current beauty favourites are as I love to try new products. 

This is me, signin' off. 

Actually By Ashlee xxx

*Disclaimer* 
I am by no means trying to brag about the makeup that is featured in this post. All of the makeup I have is bought with my own money or given as gifts for birthdays, Christmas etc. All opinions are my own as I would never endorse a product that I don't love or recommend to anyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment