Thursday 18 June 2015

Thursbae 18/06/2015

Hey friends!

It's Thursday and that means two things. 1. It's almost the weekend, and 2. I'm back with a new Thursbae!

I'm very excited to inform you that the bae o' the day this time around is Halsey!

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0_iul5IUAIMLgj.jpg

She's so hot??????

Okay so this weeks Thursbae is a little different to my traditional picks because, well, she's not a dude. However, I believe rules are made to be broken and there's nothing wrong with having a bit of variety so as of today I'm gonna be keeping it real by throwing in a few girl crushes every now and then. 

Without further digression, let's get into it. Here's what you need to know about Halsey:

Name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
Nationality: American
Birthdate: September 29, 1994
Occupation: Singer/songwriter 
Known for: Being friggen awesome... and singin' some rad tunes.

If you're questioning why I've been mclovin' Halsey recently, allow me to educate you. 

1. Her voice. 

Source: https://secure.static.tumblr.com/6c8fb1c594ec2d429deb1b13eeedc0c1/re1iwwy/lGwnin6u1/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_7arijc2894sgsc808k8kw0cg0_640.jpg 

It's incredible. It's so different to anything I've heard lately and I love it so much. It's so hypnotic and cool and makes me wish I could sing just like her. And if you thought the studio versions of her songs are brilliant, wait until you hear her live. There's something about the way she sings that entices you and keeps you wanting more. I'm praying to the good lord above that Halsey decides to take a trip down under so I can hear it in person. 

2. Her songs. 


Not going to lie, I was a bit (6 months, lol) late on the Halsey bandwagon and only discovered Room 93 probably 2 weeks ago, however, just those 5 songs are some of the greatest tracks I've heard all year. They contain genuinely good lyrics that deal with real issues in the world paired with simplistic and experimental backing tracks to create this chilled out, yet euphoric vibe. They're the type of songs that you can sit, close your eyes, listen to and get lost in the music. Any music that promotes that kind of environment ticks all my boxes. 

3. She gets it. 

Source: http://static.tumblr.com/3eca49216fb0144bcb8de91a792345cf/46b1hyc/5wTnn20th/tumblr_static_5l0jtodqbkg8w4ko48swk0gko.jpg

Ashley has the most amazing perceptions of the world and I find that so admirable in a person. She tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat anything. I think she's a brilliant "in-between role model" to all young girls, particularly around the ages of 15-20 who may be suffering with a mental illness or moral dilemmas, particularly in regards to feminism. Here's a few examples that I've found just scrolling through her twitter. 


And here's a groovy extract from her interview with Elle:
"I just like to be the in-between role model—the one I didn't have growing up. At the same time, if I'm going to be a role model, I would rather kids idolize my intention to do good and my intention to be myself and my intention to be different rather than my actions. I think my intentions are more admirable than my actions."


4. She can literally pull off any hair colour. 


She's like the female Michael Clifford. She's gone from blue, to pink, to blonde, to purple, I think there was some silver in there too. It's hard to keep track of really. But somehow she slays the whole colour wheel like a chameleon and I have mad respect for anyone who can pull that off. Also, just while we're talking about the way she looks, can we take a minute to appreciate those cheekbones? Could carve ice.

5. She wrote and performed the Haylor song. 


Need I say more? 
If you don't know what that means here's a link, go watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnEkmUTqyI

And there we have it! If you would like to follow Halsey's movements you can find her on twitter at @halseymusic and on instagram at @iamhalsey. Her EP, Room 93 is on iTunes now and her debut album, Bandlands, is released in August this year so make sure you check it out. 

This is me, signin' off. 

Actually by Ashlee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment